Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Goals

The fall semester starts next week. As I prepare the goals for the classes I'm teaching this next semester, I started thinking about setting some personal goals of my own. One of the issues I've been examining for my next 50 years has been how to find balance in my life between my career, my family, and my self. So I came up with a set of daily goals for myself:

1. Write every day.
2. Draw every day.
3. Exercise every day.
4. Listen to music that I want to listen to every day.
5. Encourage my children every day.
6. Let my family know that I love them every day.
7. Do not work after 5:00 pm on weekdays.
8. Do not work on weekends.

I don't have any answers yet - but creating this list might get me on the right track. I'll work on why I have a tough time finding balance tomorrow.

~Swingset

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals for the next 50 years! My goal as I traverse my 50s is to receive my black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu. Setting this goal and telling people about it keeps me focused on it. Good for you for being public about your intentions. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete